Translate

26 January 2013

Bangkok Day 2 . Exploration continues .... but slightly less

Date: 25th December 2012

Day2: Bangkok

Firstly let me wish all of you Merry Christmas! :)

I know how late and very slow I am in writing my blogs but please excuse me. I am a lazy bug.

I will tell you my day 2 experiences @ Bangkok in this post.

I reached hotel around midnight and you know I was tired so I woke up this day around 9:30 just to eat my breakfast, as I had mentioned the breakfast was fab. I ate heartily and went back to my room to sleep. It was the best sleep I could have got.

Guess What I had forgotten to do? Call my mother..
Woke up hitting against the walls as I got a panic call from home and as usual all the questions were asked by my mother and I answered them promptly.

Call was over and I realised the time was around 1:30Pm.

I saved some rice in the fridge that I had bought last night and that was my dinner with some random MTR ready to mix and eat paste.

Washed myself and checked out of this hotel Grand president as I did not like this hotel so very much.
I booked a different hotel thru asiawebdirect.com for 1700THB.

It was Bangkok Lotus sukhumvit. I moved to this hotel and got myself a room on 21st Floor hehe:)
I love heights.

The room was fab

(Hotel Review)

 This hotel is located in sukhumvit soi 33. Not as happening as soi 11 but definitely good. There is some upmarket shopping malls opposite the soi 33. Superb views, Clean rooms and excellent service. Definitely worth the money. Bit of a walk to BTS phrom phong. But definitely walkable. The area has quite a lot of Japanese restaurants, Japanese super markets and clubs. The road where the hotel is situated has a few bars around. Like the location.
Only pull down was the break fast. The choice was definitely there but it was mostly for non-vegetarian. my choice was limited too bread and mashed potato. 
Otherwise would never flaw this hotel.
Will surely return to the hotel if not for the breakfast.





I also wish to tell how a taxi driver tried to cheat me. When I took a taxi from soi 11 to soi 33 the taxi driver refused to turn on the meter instead he demanded THB 60. I was very firm and asked him to stop the taxi. You would get to hear swear words if you do what I did then. But that's okay. I walked a little further and flagged down a taxi who would take me to soi 33 using meter. It cost only THB 40.

On a general note I would say it is wise to note down the name and the registration number of driver along with the vehicle number in case you run into some kind of problem. You can find the details inside the car just near the front mirror or hanging behind the drivers seat.

Now I took a walk towards the Terminal 21 mall. This mall is near BTS Asok and quite a busy mall. It is actually a very interesting mall with themed floors cheap compared to central mall/ Siam paragon. Themed meaning each floor was designed based upon a country.  There were loose shops that were put up on each floor. As I had already read a lot about the mall and seen a lot of photographs on the net I know almost every corner of the mall.

Few photos from the mall.








Now my next stop in the mall was



Yummy it was. It cost THB 400. Too costly for an ice cream but yes I could afford that much for one time.

Walked around further and there is also a cinema hall in this mall too but not as good as the ones in Siam Paragon I guess.

It was around 6:00Pm now. So I thought It was wise of me to eat early dinner  and go back to hotel. found Fujii Restaurant (Japanese food) on the food court floor on terminal 21 mall and yes got vegetarian food to eat. The waitress understood my requirement.



This is a vegetable Tempura ( battered and deep fried vegetables). Cost around THB 160 way too cheap than what you get in Chennai, India. But simply loved it.
Next stop and the last stop for the day Soi cowboy. I was quite afraid to go in there but curiosity didn't let me hold back.

I walked to Soi cowboy. It is about 10 minutes walking distance from Terminal 21 across the road from MRT.
There was a flash of lights all of a sudden in a small lane and know that you are in soi cowboy. You wouldn't even know if such a street exits as every soi around soi cowboy is dimly lit and creepy.

I took a stroll in the soi a very quick one. Being an Indian I  am not used to seeing girls wearing small provocative dresses here. It was a shock to me and I did dare not take a photo.
I was approached at least by two people in that soi asking me to see ping pong show. This was the climax. I walked out of the soi as fast as I could and came back to the BTS station to get my hotel. This was more than enough for me to get scared.

But then I thought this is how the country is and I should accept it and not be scared of this culture.

I also went around soi 33/1 and few other neighbouring soi's it was like a place for Japanese entertainment.

There are shops around if you want to buy Japanese grocery. There is a super market called fujii supermarket dedicated for japanese grocery. Also a Convenience stire called Neo( produce from Japan). It has branches in the lowest level of terminal 21, Sukhumvit soi 33, and in silom.

I thought I had walked enough for the day and headed back to my hotel

I skimmed through all the photos in my camera that day before going to sleep. Loved the day.
Love Bangkok! Felt safer than ever.

Will post further and try to make it interesting

~ Kei


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so very much for stopping by my blog.
Please feel free to share your comments/opinions/suggestions. I would be more than happy to hear from you....